I hate to do this, but we've closed the public beta temporarily until we can upgrade our hardware to handle the load. If you were one of the thousands of people who used Spanning Sync in the last few hours, you'll still be able to sync. But if you haven't yet used the system, I'm going to have to ask you to wait just a bit longer.
We're thrilled (and a little freaked out) by the literally overwhelming response, but we want to make sure all of our users have the best experience possible. With any luck, the public beta will open again tomorrow, with a lot more capacity to handle the load. Thank you for your patience.
Update: We want to make sure we don't run into the same problem again, so we're carefully planning how to reopen the public beta while at the same time bringing our new servers online. We may also work a new release of the client into the mix, so this will take a few days longer than we first expected. Rest assured that we're working hard to make Spanning Sync available to everyone.