The latest beta version of Spanning Sync—and possibly the last before the release of version 1.0—includes fixes for numerous small bugs and completely redesigned support for attendees and reminders. All users are encouraged to upgrade immediately.
Users upgrading from a previous version will see a "Sync Aborted" error on the first sync. This can be safely ignored.
Please visit the beta page to download the new installer. Existing users can simply quit and relaunch the Spanning Sync preference pane to download the new version automatically.
What's New and Fixed in v1.0b16
- Birthday calendar synchronization fixed on non-English systems
- Google Calendar reminders are no longer deleted
- Attendees are no longer synchronized
- Fixed the "Unknown user" issue
- Fixed memory leaks
- Fixed various problems with the error alert system
- New German localization
- More fixes for "orphaned" detached events
- Prevented another case of incorrectly modifying default properties
- Added a help file
- Please back up your data! There are known bugs in Spanning Sync Beta that can corrupt both iCal and Google calendars.
- Microsoft Entourage is not currently supported. Microsoft Entourage users should not use Spanning Sync at this time.
- Users upgrading to v1.0b16 will see a sync error on the first sync. This can be safely ignored.
- Newly-created iCal calendars may be displayed as "Untitled" in Spanning Sync until you quit and restart iCal.
- Moving events from one calendar to another in iCal by changing their "calendar" property is not supported at this time. As a workaround, please cut and paste events to move them between calendars.
- iCal calendar groups are not currently supported.
As always, if you run into any problems, please create a problem report (by opening Spanning Sync, clicking "Reset..." and "Create report") and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a detailed description of the problem, including the titles of any affected calendars and events. That will help us track down the issue.