After an extensive beta period, we are pleased to announce the availability of Spanning Sync v2.0, which now syncs not only calendar events but also contacts.
Like all upgrades to Spanning Sync, v2.0 is free for paid subscribers.
To upgrade, just open the Spanning Sync pref pane and follow the instructions. Or you can manually download Spanning Sync v2.0 at spanningsync.com/download.
What's New in Spanning Sync v2.0:
- Contact syncing! Spanning Sync now syncs Address Book with Google contacts.
- Contact photo syncing!
- Trickle syncing! Changes in iCal and Address Book are automatically pushed to Google as they're made.
- Improved, easier-to-use preference pane UI.
- Dramatically improved network performance.
- Improved support for syncing huge (10,000+ events) calendars
- Improved support for syncing large numbers of contacts
- Improved support for multi-Mac configurations.
- Improved compatibility with MobileMe.
- New user-friendly log window for troubleshooting or checking status.
- Improvements to the "create troubleshooting report" system.
- Tons of other bug fixes and improvements.
You can find more detailed information in the ReadMe and in the User's Guide that's included with the download.
Thanks to the thousands of people who helped with the beta, Spanning Sync v2.0 is the fastest, most reliable, most thoroughly tested version we've ever released. If you're already a Spanning Sync user, we urge you to upgrade as soon as possible. And if not, we invite you to download Spanning Sync, log in with your Google account name, and start your 15-day Free Trial.